Attractively lively and animated, bubbling with enthusiasm and exuberance which flow effortlessly from an endless natural spring within the heart of the vivacious person, this is vivacità.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Day One - Starting Strong

First thing I notice about this first day of the challenge is that our food choices are not much different than what we are used to eating. Second thing, the sweet tooth is going to be the hardest hurdle. Not that I wanted anything sweet today. (Had ice cream yesterday, remember?) But it's the missing of the little nibbles such as Tom and I buying a half dozen peanut clusters from the bulk food section to eat on the way home. Can't do that.

However, we used our brains. We bought peanuts. Just peanuts. They are crunchy, and good, and unprocessed. Good alternative. I think we'll get the hang of this.

Since I don't want to spend a lot of time on the computer documenting my journey - but I do want to document it - I will use photos now and then (each is worth a thousand words, you know).

I made yogurt last night, just to get the ball rolling.
Oatmeal for breakfast, which is very common for us.

After making a menu for the week, Tom and I went grocery shopping for unprocessed foods. A few alterations in our regular choices, such as peanut butter made there in the store, evaporated cane juice sugar, natural sour cream, and Bob's Red Mill all-purpose flour that meets the challenge requirements. Amazing how many things have sugar in them! But again, how exciting that so many of these good options are available at the grocery store. We live in a time of great opportunity. This colorful food, added to what we harvest from our garden, pick up at farmer's markets, and thaw from our well-stocked freezer is just plain beautiful!


No comments: