Attractively lively and animated, bubbling with enthusiasm and exuberance which flow effortlessly from an endless natural spring within the heart of the vivacious person, this is vivacità.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day Twenty-Two: Cheesecake

Pasta drying and Cheesecake cooling
"Because of the Challenge I can't have cheesecake for my slumber party. I was really counting on cheesecake. Oh well," said Cassie a couple of weeks ago,  a little disappointed.

Since then we have learned that anything is possible.

As one who doesn't give up without a fight, and as a mother who is determined to teach her kids the same, yesterday I sent Cassie to the market to search for a healthy cream cheese. "There will be something there. I know it." She found a beautiful product from the Sierra Nevadas that qualifies. She even found qualifying graham crackers for me to make the crust with.  I was worried about that. I didn't know what to substitute for a graham cracker crust. What a relief! 



I beat the cheesecake ingredients then tasted the batter. Delicious! This evening we will see how the finished product tastes.

Also yesterday morning, Cassie, Caroline, and Ben made homemade pasta with light whole wheat flour and semolina. Oh my! Cassie plans to make a Four-Cheese Sauce today to serve with it. Her slumber party guests are in for a treat!

Nothing is off limits except for food-like substances.

Real food? Totally do-able!

No comments: