Attractively lively and animated, bubbling with enthusiasm and exuberance which flow effortlessly from an endless natural spring within the heart of the vivacious person, this is vivacità.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day Nineteen - Reflections

"I know one thing I want to make after this month is over. A panini sandwich on artisan bread, with grilled or roasted chicken, and cheese." ~~ Caroline

"I'm thinking I want to keep doing this even when the month is over. I feel really good."~~ Cassie

"I feel better, too. I am amazed at how we handled the four days of Three Kids and a Funeral. We just kept going and none of us cracked up or dropped from exhaustion." ~~ Cherie

"How is the grocery money? Have you noticed a change?" ~~ Cassie

"Yes, I've noticed it doesn't fly out of my hands anymore. No more take-out, or impulse shopping makes a big difference." ~~ Cherie

"It's not hard to do this. I suppose that's because we were 80% there before we started." ~~ Tom

"I miss milk chocolate." ~~ Cherie

"It is nice to, when you're tired, just order a pizza or get take-out. But then you feel sick afterwards and wish you hadn't. It's more about being tired in the mind than body. I guess it's about changing the way you think about things." ~~ Cassie

"For me the change is in planning ahead, having some options available for those surprise moments when life goes in a different direction than expected. It's about preparation. I mean, the pioneers had to do everything from scratch all the time. It really is a mind-tranformation. To have popcorn, yogurt, and an apple for dinner is okay. It's food. It fills the belly. It's good for us. That's a new way to think." ~~ Cherie

With twelve days left to go in the Challenge, we are holding steady. The learning continues.

Amazing.


No comments: