Attractively lively and animated, bubbling with enthusiasm and exuberance which flow effortlessly from an endless natural spring within the heart of the vivacious person, this is vivacità.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day Thirteen - Pound Cake and Love

A different sort of post today. A short one.

One of my favorite people in all the world died yesterday. My Aunt Marge. She was the most generous, loving, kind-hearted, faithful woman I've ever known. I am better because she lived.

She had a secret, decades-old Pound Cake recipe. She shared it with me last summer, with my sisters, too. Whenever Tom and I would visit her she'd pull a pound cake out of her freezer and hand it to us, carefully wrapped in plastic and then foil. Good good cake.

My dad, Aunt Marge, and Nya, my great-niece. Summer 2010.

"I love you, Aunt Marge. Can't wait to see you again....and hear your laugh. You will be sorely missed, by so many."

2 comments:

deanna said...

I'm sorry, Cherie, for your family's loss. Sounds like she was a great one. To have people miss your laugh says something. Take care.

Cherie said...

Thanks, Deanna. It's just beginning to hit me that she's gone. You know how it is....takes time. I appreciate your love and concern.