Attractively lively and animated, bubbling with enthusiasm and exuberance which flow effortlessly from an endless natural spring within the heart of the vivacious person, this is vivacità.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Day Twenty-Five: Ideal Autumn Day

If I wasn't sure summer was over before, I'm convinced of it now.

My widget says 36 degrees and it's nearly nine in the morning.

Tom covered the fall lettuce in plastic last night.

An evening stroll required a jacket.

There's frost on the car windshield this morning.

I harvested all the mature lettuce yesterday, as well as the green and purple basil.

Today I will crack more walnuts and make more pesto.

And tutor Caroline by the wood stove.

And sip tea.

And revel in the changing colors of neighborhood trees.

Taco salad is on the menu along with crisp local Jonathan apples.

Yes, today is an ideal autumn day.

No comments: