Attractively lively and animated, bubbling with enthusiasm and exuberance which flow effortlessly from an endless natural spring within the heart of the vivacious person, this is vivacità.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day Eleven - Pass the Pesto, Please!

As eleven o'clock on a rainy Monday morning rolled around, the eternal question was raised, "What shall we make for lunch?"

"Well, I have a ton of basil ready for harvest, we still have some pasta leftover, and there's a lot of lettuce for the picking."

"Yeah, and we bought that fish the other day. It needs to be cooked."

"Sounds like lunch to me!"

I took these ingredients...



















....and made this.



















Purple basil makes the salmon sauce pink.
Sage gives the Dover Sole delicate flavor.

Yes, Pesto makes a second appearance in my October Unprocessed postings.

Cassie found a bottle of white wine tucked away and used it to make delicious herbed fish.

I picked a bunch of lettuce, a couple tomatoes, and chopped some radishes and cukes.

Lunch was born. How I wish you could catch the aroma!

What is interesting to note is that even with making pesto from scratch - picking the basil, cracking the nuts, shredding the cheese, and prepping the garlic -  still this entire meal took less than 45 minutes start to finish and that includes picking up the nut shells, and cleaning as we went along.

Some of you have commented that you enjoy the photos. Hope these don't disappoint. For all my good readers, I have a question: Does this look like suffering?

Rosemary & Purple Basil Salmon, Sage Dover sole, pesto on whole wheat
shell pasta, and a Garden Fresh Salad with salt and pepper (I grew the
purple basil in my herb garden for fun - it tastes fantastic!)

2 comments:

Marianne Elixir said...

This reminds me of a quote from a childhood movie (can't remember which one): "If this is torture, chain me to the wall!" Your house looks like a tasty place to be.

This also reminds me I didn't post yesterday. It was full! Hopefully I'll have time to catch up from my weekend and Monday later today.

Cherie said...

Hahaha, Marianne! Good quote! Yes, it does often smell really great around here, just like it must at your house.

I love reading your posts but totally understand your lack of quiet time to write them. They are each one special and appreciated, just like your kiddies. ;)