Attractively lively and animated, bubbling with enthusiasm and exuberance which flow effortlessly from an endless natural spring within the heart of the vivacious person, this is vivacità.

Friday, October 4, 2024

Day Four - Gathering Inspiration From An Unusual Place

This morning as I watched a YouTube video hosted by a talk show host whom I shall not name - he has been around a long time and is quite famous - I noticed something.

Mr. Host has lost some weight. His face is thinner, as is his neck. His shoulders are less round and schlumping. 

I remembered him saying a couple of weeks ago, just in passing, that he'd been off sugar for about four months. I didn't think anything of it, but did retain the information. He'd become quite obese, lumbering even, and I wondered if his sugar denial stemmed from a health issue. Again, I didn't give it much thought at the time.

But today, his appearance revealed a noticeable change. I guess I hadn't been paying attention, usually just finding a video and listening, not watching. The change caught me off-guard this morning. I was surprised at how good and healthy and content he looks. His countenance more than anything gives away the fact that his determination to work toward better health is really paying off. 

In just four months.

I went back to former videos and sure enough, he was much larger four months ago. My, how he's changed in that one-third of a year.

His eyes are clearer, his skin, too, not waxy and sweaty looking as it has been. His freshly trimmed beard and hair reveal someone who is no longer averse to glancing in the mirror. His clothing suits him better; gone are the baggy flannel shirts and bulky hoodies.

Energetic, engaged, excited. He is back to his old self, and I couldn't be more impressed or happier for him, because I know what mirror avoidance is like. I know what breathlessness from too much abdominal fat is like. I know what facing limited and ugly clothing choices feels like, with extra girth keeping buttons from buttoning. I know what panic and anxiety over being stuck is like. It's horrible. 

I also know what success feels like, to befriend the mirror, and to find satisfaction and happiness in clothing that is attractive and fits well. I know the joy of breathing easier. I know the happiness of your face reappearing after having sunken into cheeks swollen with fat. I know the giddiness of feeling lighter, walking easier, doing everything easier. It's bliss. Every day.

Yes, podcast guy whom many people know, you inspired me today.
 
Congratulations on your successful journey. Keep it up! 

Your health flatters you!

No comments: