Attractively lively and animated, bubbling with enthusiasm and exuberance which flow effortlessly from an endless natural spring within the heart of the vivacious person, this is vivacità.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Kindred

From his heart he said to me, "Food is art, I am inspired by it. In it I find expression."

"Yes. YES!" I said, nearly dropping my little cup of water there in the crowded, noisy reception area.

I wanted to kiss him on his smooth cheek. That would have been awkward.

Instead I smiled and enthusiastically shared my understanding of his sentiments.

It was enough.

Hope in the next generation.

Thrilled by the discovery of another person who understands food and its preparation to be more than mere fuel but life and beauty.

Heartening indeed.

Still smiling this afternoon as I realize that neither of us sipped the foamy, pink 'punch' nor stabbed at paper-plated, sickly-sweet, store-bought cake.

No comments: